Hi friends! I hope you had a great weekend! My weekend was great, but between errands, Pilates, laundry, cleaning, cooking for the week- it ended quite fast. Is it bad that we are only 15 days into the New Year and I already feel like I need a vaca? Please tell me I'm not alone. Anyway, despite all of that, I do have a few fun and random things to fill you in on. Here goes...
1. I have a new celebrity BFF- Ree Drummond. If you read my blog often, you might know that I am kinda in love with her and her blog. The new season of her cooking show started on Saturday on Food Network and it was so good. I let her know that I loved it via Twitter. She wrote me back. I love her even more now. Oh, Charlie is her adorable basset hound.
2. Over the weekend, I went to see The Descendants. It was REAL people. SO SO good and funny, too. The actors and actresses were fabulous. The scenery and the decor were beautiful. The walls of Clooney's home were covered in this beautiful grasscloth. Am I the only one who pays equal attention to the decor and the plot of movies? Oh and Clooney was well, just delicious.
3. Ok bloggers. Be honest. Do you ever have moments were you think, "What the heck am I going to write about today?" I do. And often. Well the lovely Kate of Centsational Girl wrote a post last week about what to write about when you don't know what to write about. Genius idea. I printed it off and filed it as if it were an important document.
4. And speaking of blogging, I thought this nailed it. Lately, I have been struggling with balance when it comes to blogging. Being creative, responding to comments, commenting on other blogs, photographing food, editing photos, writing posts (at night, during lunch, on the weekends), all while remembering to call my parents every night- well it's a lot! Please let me know if you feel the same way!
5. Remember me telling you that I had a date this weekend with this green drink? Well, we went out after Pilates on Saturday. We went out again on Sunday for lunch. It was surprisingly so very good. I will give you the 411 tomorrow...
6. My new favorite snack: Sweet potato barbecue chips by Food Should Taste Good. They are crunchy, spicy, and just warm. I might have eaten that entire bowl over the weekend. I'll never tell.
7. There were so many great dresses last night, but my best dressed award goes to Jessica Alba. I loved all of the blush and nude last night, but her lavendar dress was quite lovely. I also loved Hellen Mirren's and Elle MacPherson's gowns. Did you watch the Globes? Who got your best dressed award?
Happy MLK Day! I hope you have a great week!