Hi there!! How was your weekend?? My weekend was not as relaxing as last weekend. Work is crazy and I spent almost an entire day shopping for something. Here's the story along with some random things and thoughts...
1. I think I am still recovering from a whole day of shopping for the perfect black dress. I have an event to go to this week and needed something simple and classic. WHY is it that when I need a simple black dress, I can't find THE ONE?? Does that happen to you? I spent hours looking. I ended up buying four dresses and returned two. I'm very indecisive sometimes.
I found the PERFECT wrap dress and clutch for the event at Banana Republic. That pic is not the actual dress I bought, but very similar. My dress is a little more sleek looking- it is a little longer and has long sleeves. It literally fits like a glove. I'll be pairing it with that BR clutch, a fab pair of black heels that I already have (thank God) and that simple necklace that I found at Target. I bought it a while back and wear it all the time! Oh and I got 30% off the BR dress and clutch... Score.
Then I found the CUTEST shift dress at H&M. It was $17.95 people! And it is fabulously made. It will be perfect with flats, heels, dressed up or dressed down. I'll definitely be wearing it to BlogFest...
2. Speaking of BlogFest, who's going?? Let me know!! I want to meet you!
3. I treated myself to a CamiCakes lemon cupcake after I found the perfect dress for the event. It was heaven in a cupcake wrapper. I so needed it...
4. I am still learning Photoshop Elements. I did that graphic above using Photoshop and I needed another cupcake after I finished it... Learning it (for me) is like learning a foreign language. Does anyone else feel the same way?
5. So about the Oscars. I did exactly as I said I would do. I made this meal and was on the couch in time for the red carpet. My three faves were Gwyneth, Maria and Michelle. Gwyneth is just stunning. I'm not 100% sold on the cape, but the overall look is very modern, clean and sleek, which I love. I love the color and flow of Maria's dress. And Michelle finally got it right- in my opinion.
Did you have a fave last night??
6. It's Monday and I