I love this chandelier by Anthropologie. It would be perfect for my guest room! I want to buy it right now! But if I bought it, then #6 (and I guess #5), on my list of New Years resolutions would be down the drain. I spent the last week thinking about what I liked, what I disliked, and what I learned during 2010. There are definitely some things that I did for the last time in 2010 and will do for the first time in 2011. That leads me to my list of resolutions for 2011:
- Have more conversations with God. He's the one person who never gets tired of hearing you talk.
- Be more adventurous. Do more. See more. Live more. Period.
- Re-decorate, or actually decorate my bedroom. See my Bedroom Blues post. Yes, the bedroom STILL looks like that. I did purchase a great duvet over the holidays from TJMaxx, so I do have a head start on this one.
- I'm a huge planner (i.e. I started this post about a week ago), but I need to savor more moments and not worry so much about the hours, days, months, and years.
- Do a better giver of time and money and a better saver of time and money. I know that sounds like an oxymoron, but I know it can be done.
- Along with #5, focus more on my needs and less on my wants. Gosh I really do want that chandelier...
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle. Most, not all, of my meals are fresh and natural. And I go to Pilates at this fabulous studio once a week - well most weeks. But I could always eat more fresh meals and up my classes to twice a week.
- Start using coupons. My friend and author of the blog The Coupon Maximizer has made me realize that I am throwing money out of the window every time I go to to Target or Publix.
- Up the ante with this blog. I have learned that great blogs take lots of time! But despite my busy work schedule, I am going to work hard this year to make it more creative and more interesting. I already have some great ideas, so stay tuned!
I'm sure there are more things I need to work on, but my heart is pounding thinking about how I am going to accomplish just these things!
I'll keep you posted throughout the year on how things are going! Happy New Year!